- Written by Erik Kritter
Every online store is unique and therefore a custom website.
Some of the things I need to know to give you an estimate are:
- Exactly who your target customer is?
- What sort of look & feel do you want?
- What shopping cart system do you want to use?
- What payment processor do you want to use?
- How many products need to be set up initially?
- How many products does the website need to be able to handle as it expands over time?
- Does the website need to communicate with an existing computer system (bookkeeping, inventory, accounting, etc...).
- Do you need photo galleries for each product or will one picture suffice?
- Do you need an online chat system to help customers?
- How are you going to drive traffic to your online store (website)? SEO? SEM? SMM? Other Methods?
- and many, more....
As a custom website costs are $75 per hour and most estimates begin at $5,000 for site development and average, minimum, monthly outlay of $1,000 for generating traffic via SEO, SEM, and SMM. Sadly the days of throwing up a website and having it generate income are long gone (I doubt if they truly ever existed). If you don't have the monthly budget to drive traffic to your site, you will not be happy with the results. If someone tells you otherwise they are either lying to you or terribly naive.
These sites can be a wonderful source of revenue for you.
Give me a call at (540) 420 - 5998 so we can have a conversation about what your wants and needs are and what solutions will work best for you.
*All web design packages require hosting, which is an additional charge.